Tuesday, December 12, 2006

PiC American History

A wonderful book I have been reading lately is The Politically Incorrect Guide To American History published by Regnery Press. I highly recommend it. I have not seen a more powerful, better articulated case for Jeffersonian conservative philosophy anywhere I know of. My favorite place in the book is probably the chapter about how government interventionism and unconstitutionalism nearly killed off America during the Great Depression. I found it interesting that Herbert Hoover, although portrayed by most historians as a "do-nothing," was the one who FDR actually got most of his destructive ideas from. There are also a number of excellent arguments for state's rights and Christian libertarian values. You can get it for $19.95 by clicking here.

No comments: