Thursday, September 06, 2007

Official Completion

The YCLA Constitution was officially completed last night, September 5th. I can hardly believe this is actually working... Wow

Here is an e-mail sent out by Rahab (who is now our Secretary btw):

Dear YCLA friends,

Congratulations on the completion of the YCLA constution!

Last night we read and discussed David's final printed version
with Pastor -------, who really appreciated our efforts.

The only changes made since the last final edition was sent
were the words "We the YCLA" to "We the founders of the
YCLA" in the doctrinal statement, so not to impose doctrines
on anyone. Also, we decided to delete the part about the
"Lord's supper." Because of the many seemingly rational
interpretations for that term, we considered it wise not to be
dogmatic about it.

Additionally, Josiah told me that he composed a one-page summary of the
constitution. Great!

Let us all be sure to voice our ideas - not doing so leads to mis-
understanding and unnecessary contention.

Thanks, everyone, for your diligent work, encouragement, and
ideas. May God bless this YCLA as we strive to preach the Gospel,
share the Biblical worldview, and discuss as a group more effective
ways to do these things!

"And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth
boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I
ought to speak." -Ephesians 6:19-20


Your friend in Christ,
Rahab

No comments: