Saturday, July 05, 2008

Three Camps in Three Weeks

Wow! I just got back yesterday from three camps in direct sequence. I was pretty tired. :-p

The first one was Camp Raven Knob, a Boy Scout camp near Hickory, NC. I took the Photography/Cinematography, Wilderness Survival, Swimming, and First Aid Merit Badge classes. I was able to witness to at least three people, as well as planting a lot of seeds I believe for the concept of God as the Creator, etc. One boy named Jacob was really interested in dinosaurs, and seemed fascinated to learn that the Bible was not only compatible with science, but actually does a far better job of explaining life, fossils, and so on, than what he had been taught in school about the "millions of years." The LORD also gave me some great friends who loved the YCLA ideas. :-)

The second camp was Drama Camp at Bob Jones University. I learned a huge amount on speech and presentational skills, as well as having an enormous amount of fun and great spiritual input. We did a play at the end of the week. Ron Pyle, who played Yuri in The Printing, was the Director, which was really cool! There were a lot of possible YCLA contacts there as well.

The third camp, ending yesterday, was Harvest Time Bible Camp. I went at the last minute as a Junior Counselor. It was an amazing experience helping younger kids and being such an inspiration to some of them. In the whole week there were probably a dozen to two dozen people who gave their lives to Christ, including three from my cabin. One boy, who found out about the YCLA and was amazed to see me so excited about something like that, was saved in the service the last night I think. One of his friends also stood up at the campfire that evening and said that he "would use his life to go around telling people about Jesus." :-D

Please pray for all these kids and young people I have met over the last few weeks to grow in the LORD however they need to and not lose sight of God's purpose for their lives. Also, keep praying for me too!


-Josiah

No comments: